Our Bill Negotiation Process Is Simple, Intuitive and Fast
The first time you enter a bill you will create an account profile we can use to identify you. This will save you time on future visits. You can use your personal login ID to check on the status of your medical bill negotiation and review your final savings summary report.
To get started, we will ask you to provide some basic information about your medical bill and provider by entering it directly in the Medical Cost Advocate portal. Medical Cost Advocate will negotiate medical bills as long as they exceed $600 (amounts may vary for corporate or association groups)
Our four step bill entry process will take you less than five minutes to complete.
- Confirm Patient Information – Your or your dependent’s information
- Enter Provider Information – Your medical provider’s contact information
- Enter Bill Information – Specific information about procedures and charges to be negotiated ( You may fax the actual bill using our “fax link” service)
- Enter payment/authorization Information – Service selection, approval of terms and credit / debit card pre-authorization (Note: no amount will be charged, just authorized)
When you have entered the information and authorized Medical Cost Advocate to proceed,
we are ready to negotiate medical bills. We will contact your provider, conduct a professional negotiation
to save you money or establish an extended payment plan. After we obtain agreement from the provider they will charge your
credit / debit card for the final reduced amount to lock in savings.
If we don’t save you money we don’t pay the provider and our negotiation services are free.
However, we may be able to negotiate a payment plan if you elect the service.
The whole medical bill negotiation process usually takes about a week depending on the responsiveness of your provider.
When the negotiation is complete we will email you a service summary report showing you how much you have saved or the terms of your extended payment plan.
You can also access this information by selecting “Manage Account” on the website and logging into your personal account profile.
To find out about the process to negotiate uncovered medical costs before treatment please click: Prospective Negotiation
How We Get Paid For Medical Bill Negotiation
Fees may vary based on any corporate, association or affiliate group membership rates:
Web direct consumers are described below:
- There are no upfront fees for medical bill assistance
- Our fees are based on the amount of savings we achieve for you
- If there are savings, we will charge 35% of such savings to your credit card or debit card (fee may vary if you have a valid group code)
- If there are no savings on medical bills, you pay no negotiation fee. (other fees for services you elect may apply)
- We will also instruct the provider to charge your credit card or debit card for the agreed upon amount after the medical bill negotiation
All terms of the transaction will be disclosed and a pre-authorization of the credit card or debit card will be handled on the website when you complete your bill entry.
Medical bill reduction example*:
Assume you submit a medical bill for $1000 and Medical Cost Advocate obtains a reduction of $350.
Medical Cost Advocate will allow your medical provider to charge $650 for final payment and MCA will process its applicable fee of $122.50.
Your net saving will be $227.50. Details of the transaction will be described on your savings summary which will be emailed upon completion of the negotiation.
*Actual savings may vary based on medical procedure, provider and geography.
Our Professional Medical Billing Advocates
Medical Cost Advocate negotiators are professional and experienced. They undergo rigorous training and are careful to maintain personal relationships in their negotiation.They are true patient advocates whether they negotiate hospital bills or negotiate doctor bills.
Medical Cost Advocate professionals use a fact based approach to negotiation, leveraging five factors to achieve savings. Most importantly, we use proprietary and industry data derived over years of negotiation of medical bills, so we can review and re-price the procedure with the health care provider. We also leverage prompt payment, reduced risk and our professional reputation to get you medical bill relief.
Our No Risk Guarantee for Bill Negotiation
Your savings are completely risk free with no upfront charge.
If we do not save you money when we negotiate your medical bills we will not charge you anything for the negotiation and we will not pay your provider. If you elect a payment plan other fees may apply.